Home Management of COVID 19
Relax! Take a deep breath. You have a high probability of living to tell the tale!
- Maintain good hydration
- Vit D (Calciferol 50’000iu weekly or any Vit D 5’000iu daily for 5 days)
- Zinc 200mg daily for 5 days
- Nicotinamide (Vit B3) 100mg twice a day for 5 days
- Vit C 1000mg twice a day for 5 days
- Self isolate
- Wear a mask when you are around others
- Get support, especially emotional, & practical support
- Hot water steam 2-3 times per day. Put plain, boiling water from a kettle into a wide bowl, put your head over the bowl & cover your head with a towel, breathe mainly through your mouth
- Maintain excellent hygiene and good ventilation
- Tell anyone you have been in close contact with to contact their doctor for advice
- Get a pulse oximeter / Sats machine possible
- Monitor your fever, shortness of breath, Sats, pulse, respiratory rate (someone will have to do this for you)
- Contact your doctor if:
- Sats drop (i.e. don’t rise above 91-92% despite sitting up straight & taking good deep breaths)
- Increasing shortness of breath
- Mucous becomes discoloured
- Heart rate remains above 120
- Respiratory rate remains above 25 breaths / minute
- Fever rises above 39C
- Not able to maintain hydration
- Significantly compromised mental state
- You may well go through some hard times but you should get through this
- If in doubt, use your common-sense and ask for help!
If you are showing symptoms please call us on 011-7883404 or click here to make an appointment.
Book an appointment
Click through to our online booking system to see available appointment times and book something that suits you.