8 reasons I choose an X-Static Silverguard mask
- Most importantly they’re breathable and don’t MIST UP MY GLASSES. The masks have a nose-bridge seal that prevents fogging of spectacles, but is strong enough to hold the mask up over the bridge of the nose, even while I’m talking.
- Secondly, they deflect water droplets, which is crucial if I’m around a patient who is sneezing and coughing, and may have Covid19.
- They have an adjustable strap extender that ensures a comfortable, but snug fit over my nose and mouth, without squeezing my ears.
- I think it’s amazing that they’re manufactured locally, and are eco-friendly!
- These masks, and technology have been tried, tested and proven to extremes worldwide. The Xstatic technology is registered as an antimicrobial with the US EPA also received OEKO-TEX Standard 100 accreditation which certifies that it supports human ecology through bio-compatibility and the absence of harmful substances in the manufacturing process.
- I can wear mine comfortably for long periods, which is really handy when I have a day full of seeing patients, up close.
- They are used in many SA hospitals.
- The X-STATIC technology eliminates odour and keeps the mask smelling fresher for longer. even after multiple wear cycles between washings.
- Silverguard is made by permanently bonding 100% pure metallic silver to the surface of a fibre, and has active antimicrobial properties built in to inhibit growth of bacteria on the fabric.
We believe in these masks so much that we’re making them available to our patients.
You can buy yours here.
Drs Cohen & Freinkel
Book an appointment
Click through to our online booking system to see available appointment times and book something that suits you.