You should take your child to a doctor if he or she is:
● Younger than 3 months and has a temperature of 38ºC or higher. Your infant should see a doctor even if he or she looks normal or seems fine. Do not give fever medicines to an infant younger than 3 months unless a doctor tells you to. If you baby is less that 6 weeks old and just seems fussy, restless or is not feeding well, even if the temperature is not as high, they need to see a doctor asap.
● Between 3 and 36 months and has a temperature of 38.5ºC or higher for more than 3 days. Go right away if your child seems sick or is fussy, clingy, or refuses to drink fluids.
● Between 3 and 36 months old and has a temperature of 39ºC or higher.
Children of any age should also see a doctor if they have:
● A seizure caused by a fever.
● Fevers that keep coming back. (even if they last only a few hours)
● A fever as well as an ongoing medical problem, such as heart disease, cancer, lupus, or sickle cell anemia.
● A fever as well as a new skin rash.